Sunday, January 9, 2011

First Post

It's currently 12:34 AM and I am listening to Kindness For Weakness by Dilated People featuring Talib Kweli. I would highly recommend this song for any Rap fanatics out there like myself, I originally got this song because I am obsessed with Talib Kweli, but I found myself thoroughly enjoying the Dilated People verses almost as much as the Kweli verse. With lines like "I might smile but I ain't no joke", you know they knew this song was going to be enjoyable. Mind you the Talib Kweli verse does not disappoint at all! With his verse beginning with "You never fit up in my shoes so don't try em' on, I always tear it up, I'm about as calm as a quiet storm" you know this is yet another lyrically insane Kweli verse. Another good line he raps is "Don't make the mistake of trying to play me, unless you're a DJ". A high quality song with a catchy chorus.

The next song that comes on when I play shuffle on my Recently Added list on Windows Media Player is Ya'll Stay Up by the Youngblood Brass Band featuring Talib Kweli. This song has a mellow instrumental with some typical rap style drums but with a really chilled brass band playing various long held notes over it, while Kweli raps. Talib before rapping doesn't really rap the chorus, more just says "Every second of, every minute of, every hour of, every day of my life I stay plugged and away from fake thugs, celebrate make love, ya'll stay up". This is a mad mellow track that you can just zone out to, but it still has that conscious rap coming from Talib so you can always get a good philosophical idea out of this song!

It's late so that's all from me now, I'll do a few other posts when ever I have an idea or feel like it, or if some new stuff comes out!

No comments:

Post a Comment