Wednesday, January 19, 2011

360 Vs Greeley - Australian Rap Battle

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aD2R9HymuvA&feature=player_embedded
That is a link to a very fun and talent filled Rap Battle between two up and coming Australian Rappers.

I personally love 360, after I got 'What you see is what you get', I was hooked. He is funny, clever, witty and at times extremely personal.

Before this battle I had never even heard of Greeley, so just a heads up, I am most definitely biased to like 360 more.


Round 1:
360 was funnier, his punch lines were so much better, and he hit so much harder.
Greeley talked about Pez too much, he had some funny lines, but most of the time he was just going too fast and wasn't controlling his flow well.

Round 2:
360 had heaps of jokes about Greeley's cheeks, I didn't think that was such a good idea, but 360 had some amazing lines and I think he pulled it off, still not his best idea.
Greeley again with the Pez jokes, and all this weird stuff about a bent dick. Kind of funny in a weird way, but he didn't really have any surprisingly good lines or anything. The Pez jokes are getting kind of old, how many times can you say that they are homosexual?

Round 3:
360 had a mad strong start, I liked all the stalker stuff, and the references to Facebook. You can tell after his verse Greeley had to regain himself because of how hard he was hitting and the cleverness of his verse, and how his verse is just re-enforcing all the stalker stuff and about calling him by his name Matt.
Greeley was doing more stuff about 360 living with his Mother, a good topic, should effect 360 pretty well. A clever idea, I'm just glad he stopped talking about Pez.

Greeley won in the end, I do understand that it was, overall, a close battle. But personally I think 360 should have won this battle. 360's flow was so much better, he was much easier to understand and his lines were far funnier and more clever. Greeley did have the lyrics on 360 though, lyrics wise he deserved to win. But really a Rap Battle is to win over the crowd, and 360 definitely had far more laughs and I think a lot of the crowd would have expected him to win, although it was a close battle.

No comments:

Post a Comment